Local partners and organizations
Below a list of links to partners and organizations in the area of Heraklion, which may be useful for collaboration while at ResidenceSEA. We have already worked with this organizations in the past.
- CineStudio Live The “studio” started its operation in March 1986 while inaugurating a new era for the cinema in Heraklion. The Cine Studio today welcomes the audience into a versatile, fully renovated multiplex, suitable for screenings, concert and for hosting events of international scope.
- ARTHOUSE a place for creatives to work meet and play in Heraklion.
- The Hacker space To LABaki is the hackerspace of Herakion. Their motto is: “When the philosophy of open source jumps from the hard disk to the physical world and gets mixed with imagination, cooperation, interaction and appetite for creative knowledge, that’s when τοlabάκι helps to make it happen.”
- Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH) FORTH established in 1983 is one of the largest research centers in Greece with well – organised facilities and highly qualified personnel.
- Natural History Museum of Crete – The Natural History Museum of Crete, is based on the seaside, in the center of Heraklion. It operates under the framework of the University of Crete.
- Heraklion Museum of Visual Arts Τhe Heraklion Museum of Visual Arts organizes research educational and training seminars, lectures on matters concerning art and artistic activity, conferences, and concerts, and a publishing activity, and offers its spaces for exhibitions, of other collections of state-run or private Greek and foreign museums.
- LEVKA ORI CREATIVE ENCOUNTERS in Crete an interdisciplinary international meeting in the Cretan mountains, blending spirit, arts and technologies. (Magnesia / Paleochora, Crete)
- Art and Science Photography community. It addresses all amateur/professional photographers, artists and scientists who wishes to interact and show their works reflecting science behind beauty / beauty behind science.